General Terms & Conditions
Please Note: All orders and delivery of products will close on 11 December and only commence on 5 January 2016. If any orders are placed during this period, you will be contacted on 5 January 2016 to arrange for delivery and confirmation of orders.
PART 1: PURCHASES FROM MEGAMASTER
Stock availability: Stocks of all goods on offer are limited. Megamaster shall take all reasonable efforts to ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued. However, should Megamaster be unable to fulfil any order placed by you at the advertised price due to stock having sold out, Megamaster, will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such product.
Errors: Please note that although Megamaster endeavours to accurately describe and/or depict each product on the website, some descriptions or photographs may be of a generic nature and not specific to the particular product you wish to buy. However, should you be dissatisfied with the product you receive for any reason, you are entitled to return the product to Megamaster, for a full refund within 7 days of delivery.
Agreements of Sale
Placing a product in a shopping basket or adding it to a wishlist without completing the purchase cycle, does not constitute an agreement of sale and/or an order for such product, and as such, Megamaster may remove such product from the shopping basket or wishlist if stock becomes unavailable, and you cannot hold Megamaster liable if such product is not available when the purchase cycle is completed at a later stage.
An agreement of sale only comes into effect if and when: (a) you electronically submit a properly completed order for one or more products in your shopping basket; and (b) payment is either authorised, or received by Megamaster in its bank account.
Termination of Sales and Cancellation of Orders:
- By Megamaster: Megamaster reserves the right, for purposes of preventing suspected fraud to refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any sale concluded between you and Megamaster, in whole or in part, on notice to you. Megamaster shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by you, and accepts no other liability which may arise as a result of such refusal to process any order/sale.
- By You: You are entitled to cancel any sale concluded on this website within 7 days after date of receipt of the goods and obtain a refund. You may also cancel a sale where delivery is delayed beyond the stipulated delivery date/time frame (or where none is specified, beyond 30 days from the order date).
Amounts Payable by You
- Prices: The price of each product is displayed with the product listing. In the event of a sale or special offer, the discounted price is displayed.
- Delivery Charges: Delivery charges differ depending on a variety of factors, including product type, price, and weight, as well as whether delivery is to be made within, or outside, the borders of South Africa.
- Value Added Tax: Value Added Tax at the rate of 14% is charged on goods bought by South African residents.
- Import Duties: Import duties may be payable by recipients of goods in foreign countries. Megamaster does not know what import duties/levies may be payable and cannot calculate or estimate such costs. You are responsible for determining whether any such import duties/levies are payable and, if so, the amount thereof.
Errors: Megamaster shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately indicate prices and delivery charges. However, should products be erroneously offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, Megamaster will not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, but shall refund monies paid by you should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the correct price and/or delivery charge.
Subject to any exceptions expressly mentioned below, your payment for any products ordered from Megamaster must be made to us in any one of the following ways:
- Credit Card Payments:
- At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and payment is collected immediately. If the bank’s authorisation is not obtained, the order will be cancelled. Megamaster may carry out certain fraud checks with the cardholder or the cardholder’s bank. Should Megamaster be unable to verify the validity of the transaction, the order will be cancelled.
- Bank Deposits and Electronic Funds Transfer:
If you select to pay via this method, instructions will be given on how to deposit monies into Megamaster’s bank account and it would be subject to the following rules:
- the exact amount must be paid;
- the payment must be identified by supplying the order number and surname in the reference section of the deposit slip or on the electronic transfer;
- no transfers may be made from ATMs;
- cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period;
- no bank deposits are accepted from outside the borders of South Africa; and
- your order will be cancelled if the amount due is not paid within 5 business days.
Delivery charges are calculated automatically based on the delivery destination, total value, weight and dimensions of all products included in an order, when the order is created.
- Local delivery (within South Africa)
Local delivery may be made in the following ways:
- Door-to-door: You can have your parcel delivered by courier between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Megamaster warehouse collections: Collect your parcel between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday from:
No 8 Donkerhoek
Megagroup Head Office
- International delivery (outside of South Africa)
Note: Megamaster does not currently deliver any product purchased online outside the borders of SA. A special provision can be made by contacting, the Retail Sales Executive on 012 8012 1515, in order to arrange delivery outside SA borders. Such delivery costs will be at the purchaser’s expense only.
- Delivery periods are only regarded as having commenced upon payment confirmation being received by Megamaster.
- Delivery periods are calculated based on business days only. Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays are not taken into account in calculating delivery periods. So, for example, if you order something over the weekend, the delivery period will only start running on the next business day.
- If products with different delivery times are ordered together, the product with the longest delivery time will determine the delivery time of all the products in the order. So, if you want to order various products where some have a shorter delivery period than others (including so-called ‘24 hour dispatch products’), Megamaster recommends that you order such products separately from the products requiring longer delivery times.
- Megamaster makes every effort to ensure that the information supplied on the website is accurate. Where delays and out-of-stock situations occur, every reasonable effort will be made to inform the purchaser.
This Refund Policy regulates the extent to which you may cancel your purchases made on the website and be refunded therefor, either before or after having received the product, as well as what your remedies are if the product you received is defective. It also explains the process you need to follow in order to properly cancel a purchase, report a defect, arrange for a return, etc. You are not entitled to any refund, repair or replacement save to the extent that it is expressly provided for under this Refund Policy or if the seller of the product (be it Megamaster or a Marketplace Seller), in its sole discretion and without being obliged thereto, chooses to give you a refund, repair or replacement.
1. Your Rights to Cancel, Return and/or be Refunded
1.1 Early Cancellations
Subject to the EXCEPTIONS listed below, you are entitled to cancel (either in whole or in part) any purchase without attracting any cancellation and/or administration charge if you cancel prior to the packaging of the products so purchased, and you effect such cancellation online on your ‘Orders’ webpage (it being recorded that this online functionality for cancelling any sale will only be available for so long as you are entitled to cancel same on a penalty-free basis). If timeously cancelled as aforesaid, you will be fully refunded in respect of such cancelled purchase (including delivery charges), without any administrative or other charge being payable provided that, should a sale only be partially cancelled and delivery charges as re-calculated on the value of the revised order exceed the delivery charges as calculated on the original order, you shall be liable for the amount of such excess delivery charges.
1.2 Late Delivery and Stock Shortages
If a product you have purchased is not delivered within the agreed delivery period (or where no specific period was agreed, within 30 days after having purchased the product) you are entitled to cancel such purchase on 7 days’ notice to the seller of such product, the functionality for giving such notice being provided on the ‘Orders’ webpage of the website. Should a product that you’ve ordered be out of stock, the seller thereof will notify you thereof, whereupon:
- in the event of a temporary out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled either to cancel the order and be fully refunded, or to maintain the sale subject to a later delivery date as may be agreed;
- in the event of a permanent out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled to be fully refunded.
In being ‘fully refunded’ as aforesaid, you will be refunded the relevant purchase price and delivery charges, without having to pay any administrative or other charge.
1.3 Incorrect Product Delivered
If the incorrect product is delivered to you (i.e. it is not the product you purchased), please do not remove the product from its original packaging, open or use the product in any way. Please promptly contact the seller thereof, Megamaster, so that the seller can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such product from you and deliver the correct product to you, as quickly as possible.
1.4 Non-defective Products
Save for certain EXCEPTIONS (as listed below), you are entitled, after your receipt of a product purchased by you, to cancel that purchase within the relevant COOL OFF PERIOD specified below, and to obtain a full purchase price refund, subject to being charged by the seller thereof for the return of the product.
COOL OFF PERIOD:
- Products purchased from Megamaster: 7 days
Note that although you are entitled to ‘cool off’ and cancel your purchase as aforesaid, the product must be returned in the condition you received it .So, if you wish to return any non-defective product delivered to you for a refund as aforesaid, please do not remove the product from its original packaging and/or use or wear the product. Remember that the seller, Megamaster, may hold you liable for any damage you cause to the product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
1.5 Defective Products
GENERAL RULE: If, within 6 months after delivery of a product:
- you find that the product is defective/faulty, or unsuitable for the purpose for which it was indicated in the product description (or otherwise generally intended), or not legal, or not reasonably durable (based on circumstances and product type) (hereinafter referred to as being “Defective”), and
- you return such product to the seller in good condition, and
- the product is subsequently found – to indeed be Defective, you are entitled to either: (a) have the product repaired or replaced at the seller’s expense, or (b) be fully refunded.
- If the product is subsequently found – NOT to be Defective, you will not be entitled to any refund, or free replacement or repair, and you may be liable for the costs incurred in having such product collected from and returned back to you.
WHEN IS THE PRODUCT ‘DEFECTIVE’?
Please note that the following issues/problems will NOT render the product damaged, defective or unsuitable as aforesaid and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund:
- Faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- Where you, or someone unauthorised to do so by the seller, has altered, repaired or damaged the product (via misuse or abuse).
IMPORTANT: You should refuse to accept delivery of any product which is visibly damaged, and if you only discover the damage after the courier has left (e.g. a cracked glass panel), then you must report it to the seller as soon as possible and within 48 hours. If only reported after 48 hours, it is reasonable for the seller to determine that the damage was caused post-delivery.
2. Return and Refund process
2.1 Purchases from Megamaster
RETURNS: If you want to return a product you have purchased from Megamaster for any reason permitted under this Refund Policy, you must in all instances first notify Megamaster thereof to inform us of the reason for your return by contacting us via the online functionality for initiating a return in your account, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or our call centre at: +27 (0)12 802 1515.
- Aforesaid RA Number is accurately reflected in/on the parcel.
REFUNDS: Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall be affected in the same manner in which your payment was. Note that for EFT and bank deposit payments, you have the right to request that the relevant amount instead be paid back into your bank account (and note that we will only pay back into your bank account and not a third party’s bank account).