Whilst the guarantee of our units covers manufacturing standards, it cannot be extended to installation. To protect your interest, be sure to employ a reputable and competent body to do the installation. Points to keep in mind are:
- Construct brick support walls for the unit to your personal desired height.
- Position the unit and cover the back, sides and top with insulation, before unit is bricked in.
- To allow for expansion, ensure a gap of 20mm between back and sides of the body of the unit and the brickwork.
- Chimney height with a minimum of 2.0m is critical for a proper draw.
- The inner dimensions of the chimney must not be less than the flue outlet opening on the top of the unit.
- Steel flue linings will provide a smooth surface for better draw and protect the brickwork against heat corrosion.
- Use standard flashing material and procedure to waterproof the roof around the chimney.
- The flue can be offset to avoid obstructions, providing sufficient support to prevent sagging.
- A rotating cowl is necessary to prevent down drafts on windy days and will prevent rain from entering the chimney. The chimney and the cowl must be 100 % level and the gap between the lowest part of the cowl and the chimney must be minimal.
- After installation, all exposed parts of the chimney and rotating cowl can be painted with good quality heat resistant black enamel paint.
- The rotating cowl axle must be oiled regularly to avoid rust.
- Don't close both doors at the same time while there is still fire and heat inside the braai. This will result in bending the doors.
- Before having your first braai, a normal size fire is to be made and burned until no paint smell remains.
Maintenance on your Megamaster Braai/Fireplace
- Treat your braai once a month with lubricating oil and a sponge wiping all the reachable areas of your braai.
- When cleaning your braai, only wipe down with a damp cloth / sponge. Do no not spray down with water or allow water to lie in your braai.
- If rust occurs, remove rust with steel brush and touch the effected area up with any High Heat Resistant Black Paint.
- Never close doors while the braai is in use.
- We suggest that you always first start your fire in the starter/ember maker.